CLUB MEETINGS: Format has changed the and we will have seven meetings per year; please diarise the following dates:
(You will still be prompted in the week prior to the meeting which will continue to be at Adelaide South West Community Centre 171 Sturt St Adelaide South Australia.)
· Wednesday 22nd February 2017, 7.30pm; Guest: SAPOL “Don’t lose it – lock it”
Wednesday 22nd March 2017, 7.30pm; Just us plenty to contemplate
· Wednesday 24th May 2017, 7.30pm; Guest: Lisa Penney of Hey Reflecto
· Wednesday 28th June 2017, 7.30pm; Just us, bike maintenance, Buy, Swap, Bequeath bike bits.
· Wednesday 23rd August 2017, 7.30pm Guest ???
· Wednesday 27th September 2017, 7.30pm; Just us
· Wednesday 22nd November 2017, 7.30pm; Annual General Meeting
Why the Changes? – we deleted five meetings
Ø December: Christmas comes first and we have an Annual Party.
Ø January: not only is Tour Down Under dominant but many of you are in holiday mode.
Ø April: Easter, ANZAC and often our Away Tours
Ø July: Cos we could, no reason other than its Miserable Winter.
Ø October: It is our month for our Annual ‘away’ Tour
Adelaide South West Community Centre
171 Sturt St Adelaide South Australia.
Look for it just west of Whitmore Square on the south side of the road.
Some of us meet prior to the meeting in the Front Bar of the The Elephant And Castle Hotel 179 West Tce Adelaide at 6.00pm for a quick bite and a chat prior to the meeting.
The South Australian Recreational Cycling Club meeting is a place to catch up with old and new friends, tell a story, share your experiences from riding, have a chat and a coffee or tea and also listen to the entertaining speaker of the night. If you are new and curious come along and introduce yourself.
The guest speaker may cover cycling tours near and far usually with pictures or video, discuss bike equipment or teach a few maintenance tips. And any other entertaining bicycle related matters.